- Explore the orthodox schools, how the book is structured, how the Sutras define yoga, and who Patanjali is.
- Atha Yoga Anushasanam: Arguably the most important sutra. We get the opportunity to understand the prescribed relationships of the Vedas, and its significance to a student of yoga.
- Develop an understanding of the paths offered by Patanjali, in the Sutras, to overcome the obstacles to clarity
The class fuses traditional yoga postures with modern movement systems and encourages you to focus on your body moving as whole. The class draws on Vinyasa yoga, QiGong, Thai Chi, & Kundalini yoga with great emphasis placed on breathing exercises. The class is a mixed level of ability with lots of modifications offered to make the practice accessible for all.
- Improves flexibility and strength
- Deepens connection to self
- Improves physical and spiritual wellbeing
- Improves cardiorespiratory health
- Reduces feelings of stress and anxiety